Friday, July 10, 2009

Rise to the Challenge Week 5 Results



I won! I can't believe that I won, but I won! Anyway, this was a tough competition with some amazing work from my fellow scrapbook friends. Here is my last entry and the challenge info.

1. Use a logo (Nickelodeon, Cheer, Kraft, Doritos, and several others)
2. Technique - Masking

3. Use a complete alphabet on your page, this could be stickers, thickers, rub-ons, diecuts, stamps..... As long as we can see from A to Z on there!
The 4 categories that you will be scored on are:

Overall LO Creativity (1-5)
Use of Technique (masking) (1-5)
Use of Required Element - Alphabet - (1-5)
Incorporation of the Logo - (1-5)
Page Coordination (1-5)

Total of 25 points

Logo - I was inspired by the cheer logo for my title.

Technique - Masking - I am including a picture so you can see what I did, but I used scotch tape to help make the lines. I I used a really old punch to make the swirls into a mask and used acrylics on it. I also used a negative space from chipboard shapes to create a mask of a cloud, which you see in white behind the "sugar" title because I thought it helped echo the white behind the letters in "Cheer."
Use a complete alphabet on your page - I think it is pretty obvious but I basically used the alphabet to create an acrostic about Rebecca.

Other random things I did - Used the beads from a broken necklace to make the flower in the corner of the frame. Hand stitched on the scalloped shapes and other papers.

Score - 23.67/25

Judge's Comments:

Submit this for publication!!! NOW!!
One of my favorite layouts of yours! Very bright and 'cheer'ful! Love all the extra touches, and the masking behind the title is very clever.
Perfect score from me! Absolutely adorable page! Love how you used the alphabet and logo and all your different masking techniques!

TOTALS FOR THE YEAR

Totals for the Year: 61 Layouts, 6 swaps completed (63 actual swap items), a chipboard album, and 7 cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment